CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8/12/2006

Week of Summer Camp Completed!


This past week has been a rather interesting one in the life of a YMCA worker. Every day I went to Ockerman Elementary School where I left with a group of a about 10 4th - 6th graders in order to take them to a Summer Camp. We had a great time! One cool part of it was that there was 5 Spanish kids that came. We hit it off great! I think I've played more soccer in the last week than I have in quite a while! Maybe it's just because English is a second language for them, but these Spanish guys had a terrific sense of humor! From the time I picked them up in the morning till when we dropped them off at night, these fellows never stopped cracking jokes. They also taught me a few Spanish words, but I'm a bit leery of saying them because I have a feeling their not very appropriate. Yeah, they told me what they meant, but due to the peels of laughter I'd send them into whenever I'd say them, I'm not sure I believe them! I also worked at the Teen Center till 7:00 in the evening on Wednesday through Friday. So after spending about 10-11 hours a day with teens and kids, I'm about worn out! The cool part of it is that they might start coming to Church. They all seemed really excited about it. Well I'm about ready to go resurface the driveway of Cherie and I's new home so this is over and out to all of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I am glad you had fun!:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Titus! Are they going to be coming to our church you say? Oh, and I'll have to tell you a funny story about some high schoolers and some first graders who were learning Spanish. My Spanish teacher told our class this story.

ymcateen said...

I thought you were home schooled. ??? Are you talking about your Mom? Or is this a teacher by video???

Beth Hotchkiss-Yoder said...

Thanks Titus for the welcome note. I'm having a ton of fun on my blog!!!!
Please tell Cherie I said Hello :)

Anonymous said...

Titus, you didn't answer my question- are these peolple going to come to our church? And, yes, it was my teacher on dvd. It's easier to learn that way when you have someone showing you how to pronounce things.

ymcateen said...

Amy,
I only invited them so who knows. I also gave them directions to the church. I have their address but its illegal for me to pick them up because they were in my program at camp.

Beth,
Thanks! When I tell her hi, I'm sure she'll say hi back so "Hi from Cherie." (: