CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8/31/2006

For intellectual stimulation...


This is a poem that was written by one of the teens at the Teen Center where I work. See I had this great idea that whoever could write a poem at least 8 stanzas long would have their name entered to win a free prize. I though it's artistic merit granted it at the very least it's very own blog post. PS, you haven't read it unless you've read it to the very end. I'm telling you this piece of journalism will go far.

--------------------------------
Cheetahs are fast Cheetahs are cool
I wish I had a cheetah To ride to school

They are nice They are awesome
They are better Than an Opossum

They might be nice They might be mean
But they are fast You have seen

They are faster than lightning They are faster than a truck
They are faster than a jet I bet you a buck

The cheetah I would have Would like you
Also it would like Winnie the Pooh

If I had a Cheetah I would name it Lil
I would go shopping for it At Goodwill

The End
-------------------------------------

I'd really like to see this poem's true meaning discussed in a college English class. Particularity the whole awesome/opossum line.

7 comments:

Joel Byer said...

Truly this poem is incredibly deep.
Looking at it makes my heart weep.
That such a youth could be so wise.
As to send his prose soaring to the skies.

To think this this poem is worth more than gold or silver.
And now I'm stuck, because they say that nothing rhymes with silver, so it all goes to say that I should have stuck with a cheetah line.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! :)

Anonymous said...

take a chill pill ribs

Anonymous said...

tis such wonderous comments ya'll are leaving,
tis really a shame it's really deciving.
for dear darling ribs, i've often seen, you scribbling away,
just as fast al your little arms may.

and ryder when you say take a chill pill,
i've already had enough of your fill.
so as you can see these comments are quite dumb,
so adious, it hasn't been very much fun.

ymcateen said...

Thanks Amy.

Anonymous said...

Actually that wasn't me! But thanks for the compliment!

ymcateen said...

your welcome